My husband told me that in high school, he received the Von Steuben award for excellence in German. Well, today I’ve received the Liebster Award from fellow author, Dixie Lee Brown.
What exactly does that mean? It has nothing to be with my ability to speak German. It also can’t compete with an Academy Award, but it does mean I’m departing from my usual blog format and have been bestowed an honor by a fellow writer.
The Liebster Award, it’s a fun way to connect with other small or medium-sized blogs and to share random facts about yourself.
Thanks for nominating me, Dixie! I will have fun with these great questions then pass the torch to more fine authors.
Recipients must do the following:
- List 11 random facts about myself.
- Answer 11 questions posed by the blogger who nominated me.
- Nominate 11 other blogs for the award and link to them.
- Notify the bloggers that they are **awesome** and have won a shiny pink blogging logo.
- Pose 11 new questions for my Liebster nominees.
- Thank the blogger who nominated me and link back to their blog.
Let the fun being…11 random facts about me that you never wondered about (but now have answers):
- At graduation, I received the award for “Outstanding Business Student.”
- I ate a package of Smarties everyday while pregnant with my second daughter (she’s very smart, too).
- As a child, I owned a guinea pig named Oscar.
- Watching movies is my favorite past time. Any genre. It just needs to be good.
- I love to paint; not on a canvas and easel but the rooms of my house. For me, it’s meditative. Like basket weaving.
- My desk is messy. I clean it to a shine once a month, then over the course of the month papers start to accumulate.
- As a kid I couldn’t put down Nancy Drew books.
- The car I learned to drive on was a 1966 3-speed red Mustang.
- I’m a golfer.
- I used to bring home stray animals a lot when I was growing up.
- I met my husband at a Halloween party…the pirate and the flapper. Hmmm, great title for a romance novel.
And now, new questions from the person who nominated me…
1 If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
2) If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
Without question, my weight.
3) Are you a dog or a cat person?
Woof. Sorry cats.
4) What’s your least favorite household chore?
I have to pick only one?
5) Are you a glass-half-full or a glass-half-empty person?
My glass is so full, it sometimes runs over.
6) What’s your favorite flower?
The iris. They line my walkway for about a week each spring.
7) What is your fondest holiday memory from childhood?
The Christmas Santa brought a puppy.
8) What size shoes do you wear? What? Too personal?
9) What is the most recent book you’ve read?
I just finished a wonderful short story by a friend called Jingle (by Terri-Lynn Defino). A beautiful fairy tale that I can’t get out of my head.
10) When you go somewhere overnight, do you like to camp out or stay in a motel?
Hotel. A nice hotel.
11) Are you a morning person or a night person?
You’ll find me rearing to go at 7 a.m. most mornings, showered dressed and wide-eyed. Annoying, huh?
Now I’m happy to present my nominees for this prestigious award.
…drum roll please…
Nominees, just for YOU I’ve prepared NEW 11 questions to be answered…
- Favorite sweet treat.
- What historical figure would you most like to meet?
- Most embarrassing moment
- Most proud moment
- What country would you most like to visit?
- Favorite genre to read
- Do you have a hobby?
- Favorite food
- Least favorite thing to eat
- Night owl or “early to bed, early to rise” type?
Go forth and question, my fellow Liebster nominees!