Fellow Blue Ridge Literary author Dixie Lee Brown, whose debut novel ALL OR NOTHING will be released March 12th, has nominated me for this award. Thanks, Dixie! In turn, I will nominate three more worthwhile recipients. But before I do, I will provide you with 7 things you didn’t know about me.
Since I tend to be an open book, these may be things you’ve heard before. But here goes!
1. In third grade, I started to lie to my mother about brushing my teeth before bed (a phase, I guess). Popcorn was my night-time snack of choice and, as one might expect, by not brushing my teeth the kernels got stuck in my gums. So many kernels that the dentist had to surgically remove them. Popcorn was removed from my diet. Moral of the story: don’t lie. It’ll bite you in the butt.
2. I love dogs. I especially love my dogs. (okay, not news but it had to make my list)
3. I used to take ballet lessons. Those who know the grace with which I move as an adult will find this amusing. (sorry, no picture of me in a tutu)
4. Despite my take-charge exterior, I’m often lacking in confidence. Luckily, I never let it stop me!
5. I wish I could run/jog like a normal person. I mean, my legs work. But I get a side dish of heavy breathing and abdominal pain whenever I try. In fact, I even get a slight twinge of pain when I pass runners in my car. I occasionally have dreams where I’m running. It’s never like real life. Every movement is fluid and breath ‘normal.’ Ah, I wish…
6. I love sixties and seventies rock n’ roll and would love to have attended Woodstock.
7. My dream home would be in Tuscany, where I would write and eat the wonderful food of the region…without counting Weight Watchers points!
Enough about me. I’ve nominated the three blogs below to carry the torch of this award. If your name is here and you have time to play along, Here are the rules:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers (the number seems to vary) and link back to them.
That’s it – piece of cake! And the awards go to…